Well here we are at Adaline's due date! We had our 40 week check up this morning hoping to hear I had dilated more since last week. Unfortunately I have not dilated any further but my cervix has thinned some. My blood pressure has spiked a little though so the doctors want to go ahead and induce labor. EEK! We are to check into the hospital tonight at 5pm to start the Cervidal which will thin my cervix and then we will start Pitocin tomorrow morning which should start the contractions. So hopefully we will have our sweet baby tomorrow!
We are both a little shocked and nervous but excited. We knew we would more then likely be leaving today's appointment with an induction date since I am 40 weeks but we just didn't expect to hear "today" as the induction date. Please say a little prayer that the induction medicine works and things progress quickly for us. I have known a handful of people that have been induced and each seems to take to the medicine differently. I am praying for a fast and healthy delivery!!
We will keep you posted but hopefully the next update will include a picture of Adaline!!!
xoxo,
Rachael and Angel
No comments:
Post a Comment