Monday, February 20, 2012

Sorry for the delay...

I always knew there weren't enough hours in the day...now I really understand how few there are! Returning to work full time has left little time for blogging. Instead I cram as much time in with Adaline before she fades on me beginning at 6:30ish and is out by 7pm then its off to clean bottles, refill and repack for daycare, clean pump parts, repack my stuff up for work, cook dinner and finally we eat around 8:45pm...only to crawl into bed at 9:45pm. I am beginning to fill like a robot running through these nightly routines.

All and all the adjustment to daycare and returning to work has gone smoother then I expected. Adaline appears to enjoy the staff and is being stimulated and loved there. She has stopped sleeping through the night though since returning to daycare but I am waiting on this to pass... she is still adjusting to a new routine, new people, getting over her first daycare cold, and going through a growth spurt. She is now taking 6 ounce bottles! (Up from 4.5 ounces) Right now Adaline is waking once in the middle of the night to nurse and then easily goes back down and wakes "for good" around 5:30. I hope we soon see her sleeping 7pm to 6am again real soon...yawn!

Although February has been a short month it has been action packed for us! Adaline was baptized on the 4th, turned three months old on the 11th, she went to her first wedding shower, and attempted professional pictures twice with two sets of cousins, started daycare, got her first cold, found her hands, and began reaching for her toys!!! She also smiles and smiles.... she has begun the bashful smile where she gets so excited she turns her head and tucks her neck in. LOVE it! No laughter yet but its coming. And she will just talk and talk to you sometimes. We are also waiting on her to roll over for the first time but whenever we put her on her tummy she contently lays there sucking on her hand.... she does get her legs going like they are crawling but isn't achieving anything yet. She prefers to be sitting up or being held to where she can look over your shoulder.

I am attempting to upload pictures from the baptism but having trouble...if you have a Facebook account, friend me and you can view them there. It was a very special and sweet day although apparently Adaline didn't get that memo... she screamed through the whole service. Mom says that is what I did at my own baptism so I guess like mother like daughter... Adaline wore a very special baptism gown. Mom made it from hers and my Aunt Pat's wedding dress. It was just beautiful!!! Adaline got to share this special occasion with Cousin Henry who was also baptized during the same service. We were blessed to have so many family members travel to attend the baptism! Thank you for all taking part in the occasion.

Catherine, my sister, is Adaline's Godmother. My cousin's son (so cousin once removed?) Ryan is Adaline's Godfather...Ryan is also my Godson so it is extra special. (Not to mention Ryan gave up a chance to go to the Superbowl to be at her Baptism!! What an awesome Godfather!)

Like I mentioned earlier Adaline turned three months old on the eleventh. We cannot believe she is THREE MONTHS OLD. And every day that passes I love her more then the previous. Just when I think it isn't possible she does something new and we fall in love all over again. She is so much fun! Even when she is being stubborn she is still our Adaline. At three months old you do not go see the doctor for your monthly physical so no stats at this time. We go again at four months. However, when she did get her cold I took her into the doctor just to make sure everything was okay and they weighed her. She was 13.35lbs.

Now onto the pictures...
Out for a stroll


I mentioned Adaline attended her first wedding shower...here she is the life of the party! Thanks BFF Samuel for letting me crash in your crib! :)

Our happy Pudding Pie! (my nickname for her)




Look what I can do!!!!!!!!


Love touching my toys now!

Please ignore the reflection of the crazy lady...instead please look at the super excited baby who sees herself!!

Styling and profiling in her skinny jeans!!

Sometimes I get so excited I flap my hands so fast the camera can't keep up!!!

Very serious....ready for church!

1 comment: