Tuesday, February 19, 2013

15 months old

As I was checking out at the grocery store yesterday the cashier asked how old Adaline was... I responded with 15 months old. Her response? "So practically two then." Ouch.

I say it every month but I cannot believe our little baby is 15 months old. We have really noticed this past month how "old" she really is. She is very independent, very strong willed, and very smart (her doctor even said during her check up how smart she is!) She is a full blown toddler...a bitter sweet realization!

She had her 15 month check up today... no surprise she is still a champ in the 96th percentile for weight...she just isn't ready to hand over that title yet. We love each and every one of her lil rolls!

Her Stats:
Weight: 26.53lbs; 96th %
Length: 31 inches; 63.5th % (biggest change here- she went from 80% to 64% between 12 month and 15 month check ups)
Head: 18.5 inches; 83rd %

Other accomplishments:
  • She will repeat a lot of words you ask her to say. I was very impressed with how well she said "apple" the other day. She also says, bye bye (even to the bath water as it goes down the drain ;), baaaby, baa-oon (balloon), uh oh (not a new word but it has resurfaced this month and we love it), mommmma (with such Southern drama), dada, ball, 'nack (snack)
  • If you ask her to go get something and bring it to you she can for the most part. For example, I always tell her to go get her cup so I can refill it and she will seek it out and bring it to me. If she pulls her bow out of her hair and I ask where it is, she will go get it and attempt to put it back in her hair.
  • She loves Yo Gabba Gabba and Fresh Beat Band. If I put cartoons on and its not either of those shows she will point to tv and do this squat bounce move letting me know- unacceptable mom, we need Yo Gabba... and her face lights up with the opening music. She's brainwashed already!
  • She's crafty. That girl can outsmart you in a minute... I spend my day constantly trying to think two steps ahead of her before I end up four steps behind! She will take my cook books off my shelf and then seek out a pen to write in them. She hides her pacifers so that she can go get it when she wants it (we are down to just letting her nap and sleep with them). I will find one of her toys randomly placed on a shelf or in a drawer only to realize she has swapped it for one of our things...
  • Adaline is still a fun spirited, happy-go-lucky girl. She loves to laugh and play but she has her mother's strong-will and stubborness. When she wants something she wants it on her terms. Her biggest request is to just do everything like we do. She wants to cook dinner with me (and not in her play kitchen), she wants to type on the computer, she wants to "drive" our cars. She wants to vaccum when I vaccum, carry in groceries, push the grocery cart, empty the dishwasher, etc etc...basically she wants to grow up to fast!!
Here's some photos of our little toddler aka Miss Independent...
 


 Bringing in the groceries
 

 Notice the purse over her shoulder... we were at Belk's and she had to have it while we walked around.... we did not buy it!
 
 She found this remote to an old tv in one of our drawers...she was determined it would work on one of our existing tvs.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I see so much more of me and you in her more recently and less Chris features. The cheeks and face and those eyes. Loving it!

    ReplyDelete