Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Things Adaline says....

In an effort to help me remember every moment of Miss A's life I like to record different things she is saying at different phases of her life....at 2 years and 3 months Adaline continues to amaze us with her vocabulary. She has always been a talker and quick to apply new words she has heard. She can sing a song after hearing it just one time. She is quite impressive. With that being said sometimes after I put her down for a nap I will just sit in silence for a few moments. 😊

A few new cute sayings:
Ready, seddy, GO! (Said when racing with daddy)

Oakey Dokey

Oh Yes! (The way she says this is what is so cute. She will say this when you tell her something like we can't go out and play right now because it is raining. "Oh yes!" As if she is a 70 year British woman agreeing to have a cup of tea with you.)

Let's do this (guys)!
Again- it's when and how she says this. For example if Angel has to break out his tools and fix a hinge or something she is quick on his heels with her own tools exclaiming her excitement to get it done! It's precious. 

You're my best friend mommy. 
I mean need I say more!?!? 

I not know. (Instead of I do not know.)

Something's missing. (This is often a stalling mechanism. You will get her all tucked into bed and ready to read her some bedtime stories when she tells you (while tapping her pointer finger to her chin) that something's missing and down she goes to find that missing "something"...)

I'm not ready yet!!!!!!
Adaline is all girl. She cannot leave the house without all her accesories and purses...it's quite the process. I try to give her a thirty minute heads up before we have to go somewhere (seriously).  She will run from room to room gathering her valuables and putting on all her jewels. When I call out to her and say are you ready? I get back a panicked "I not ready yet!!!" And folks this is for every time we leave the house only if it's to play in our own backyard. It's hilarious and only sometimes inconvenient. 

Other vocabulary accomplishments she has made:
She and Angel were playing at the park and a plane flew overhead. Angel told her to look at it and she said it's too high up and she needs a telescope to see it..... 

She has learned what the top and the bottom of something is. 

She knows her name is Adaline Grace Angel. And she tells us our names are: Daddy Paul Angel and Mommy Carlisle Angel ;) we will work on real first names although she does repeat our names when she hears someone call out Chris or Rachael. 

She knows Yoohoo and Jimmy live in Aiken and Aunt Catherine and her crew are in Greenville. 

She can spot and identify a water tower and mountains before you even can. 

She has a fantastic memory and can recall so many things. It's amazing. 

She is our Miss Personality for sure!!! We can't wait to see how Eli will be. Watch he won't mutter a word (probably because he won't get the oppportunty to with Adaline around) until he goes off to college! 







1 comment:

  1. My favorite is -- "I not know." How cute.
    Also... all the accessories and needing a 30 minute heads up -- sounds to me like someone is taking after Aunt Cat.
    :)
    xo.

    ReplyDelete