Saturday, March 8, 2014

32 years and 38 weeks....

Can't believe I am 32 years old....and 38 weeks pregnant. The combo of the two makes you physically feel a lot older!!! ;) 

I had a doctor appointment today and they checked me to see if progress was being made...it is- which is great! It just isn't enough progress to warrant induction at this point. (Side note- my doctors are trying to induce me right before I actually go into labor on my own to avoid the stress of driving from NC to SC in labor :) I am currently 2 cms dialated but Eli is still high. I go back on Wednesday (39 weeks) to be checked again. As the doctor was leaving the room he said see you next week "if not sooner..." Really not giving me much peace of mind!!!! He also joked that he has a cabin in Columbus (which is halfway between Rutherfordton and Greenville) and he could always meet me there should I go into labor...again not so funny but I appreciated his attempt to lighten my mood. 

Now that I have been told I am two cms it's like a mental awareness and all the sudden I feel soooo pregnant. I also really feel like my belly has grown this past week and I am just ready to wrap this thing up. 

This pregnancy has been very similar to my pregnancy with Adaline in many ways but at the same time very different. I think one of the major explanations for the differences is working full time with Adaline's pregnancy verses staying at home with Eli's pregnancy. I gained more (water) weight (12 lbs more!) with Adaline and had a lot of swelling by this point yet with Eli I have only had baby weight gain and no swelling. I credit chasing a two year old in tennis shoes instead of wearing 3in stilettos and sitting behind a desk! I've also had insomnia this entire pregnancy and have kept morning sickness the full term. I also have "runner's stitches" with Eli anddon't remember  having them with Adaline...again I credit chasing and carrying a 32lb two year old for those symptoms. Anyways just kinda wanted to record those facts so I can look back on them when this is all just a faint memory. 

My 32nd birthday was a great day!! After my doctor appointment I met Catherine and Sara for a delicious lunch and got to see their beautiful babes. Then home to a nice afternoon with Angel and Adaline where they surprised me with a gigantic CHOCALOTE cake!! (Btw Adaline is horrible with secrets ;) 

My bday breakfast. Adaline was so proud!!



Reagan 4 weeks on left and Beau 1.5 weeks on right. Their first date :)






No comments:

Post a Comment