Wears size 2 diapers (although with the number of "accidents" we keep having I think we are about to move up to size 3) and has outgrown most 3 month old clothes and is filling out 6 month sizes nicely.
Loves to chew on his hands...and often gags himself with them.
Loves when you get down on his level or talk to him when he is close to your face (ie: changing table). He will just smile and talk and talk. He has the sweetest eyes and he will lock into your eyes and it will melt your heart.
Most days he takes several cat naps and one long (3-4 hours) nap in the middle of the day. Just when I think he is officially sleeping through the night he will throw for a loop and wake up several times. I am hoping this is just a growth spurt and we will soon be back to just waking one time or, gasp, zero times through the night. This momma is tired!!
He is a good sport with his big sister and puts up with the countless princess songs she belts out to him, the "tickling", the petting and so on. But he does need and appreciate his quiet time too.
He is doing better with taking a bottle. It has to be very warm and he has to be hungry. (Nursing is still his primary means of feeding but we are giving him a bottle a day to get his vitamin D in him.) He will usually take as much as 4.5 ounces in a bottle... and just tonight he nursed after draining a 4.5 ounce bottle which only confirms my growth spurt theory.
He will tolerate time in your bumbo (when we can kick his sister out of it!) and he doesn't hate tummy time. His neck muscles are continuing to get stronger. He still has a slight flat spot on the back left side of his head but Dr Nelson isn't worried and believes it will work itself out soon.
His cradle cap and rough facial skin/baby acne is just about all gone. His left eye continues to water and it drives me crazy but hopefully it will clear up soon.
He is a particular little boy (his Gammy says he acts just like Angel did as a baby!) He wants to be held how he wants to be held at that moment and will tell you loudly if you aren't doing it correctly. I think he will be my sensitive one.
He is pretty much sleeping on his (left) side most nights and naps. I think we are very close to rolling all the way over. Even when you put him on his tummy he will sometimes try to lift and roll.
If he is not happy in his swing or bouncie seat he straightens his legs out with such force it makes him arch his back and he can literally work his way out of the seat... see picture below.
He grasps toys but not intentionally at this point. He has also chuckled for his Yoohoo but I cannot say without a doubt that he has for me. A few times I think I have heard it but then can't tell if it was just him trying to talk. He smiles just like Adaline did at this age :) Its a coy bashful smile. Love it.
He is a particular little boy (his Gammy says he acts just like Angel did as a baby!) He wants to be held how he wants to be held at that moment and will tell you loudly if you aren't doing it correctly. I think he will be my sensitive one.
He is pretty much sleeping on his (left) side most nights and naps. I think we are very close to rolling all the way over. Even when you put him on his tummy he will sometimes try to lift and roll.
If he is not happy in his swing or bouncie seat he straightens his legs out with such force it makes him arch his back and he can literally work his way out of the seat... see picture below.
He grasps toys but not intentionally at this point. He has also chuckled for his Yoohoo but I cannot say without a doubt that he has for me. A few times I think I have heard it but then can't tell if it was just him trying to talk. He smiles just like Adaline did at this age :) Its a coy bashful smile. Love it.
| Eli's first swim in a real pool! It was overcast and he was chilly... didn't love it but didn't scream either. |
| Beau still has (and probably always will ;) a few pounds on Eli. |
| Teething? We think so!! |
| Get. Me. Out. Of. Here. Mom! NOW! Playing in Adaline's fort with her! Not so thrilled but she was delighted to have a visitor!! |
| Chit Chatting together :) |
| Look at me holding my toy!! Now...how did I do that?! |
| Trying to escape... |
| Sleeping on his side |
| Loves to watch tv just like his sister. Sigh... |
No comments:
Post a Comment