Sunday, July 27, 2014

Four Months Old!

We had a great four month check up. Leading up to the appointment I felt Eli was a chunky monkey (I mean no where near his cousin Beau's size or even what his big sis was at this stage but still a little chunky) but after his weigh in and stats I was surprised to see he is not as chunky as I thought. He is still at a very healthy weight and has grown THREE inches in two months. Dr. Nelson said he is a long and lean boy...and called him a wild man... two wild ones, what will I do!?!?!?

Eli is still not sleeping through the night... where he once would only wake one time has regressed to waking as many as four times a night...yaaaawwwwnnnn. Dr. Nelson wants us working on this and cutting out his middle of the night feedings. We are working on this... its hard. And exhausting.

After our trip to the beach I really feel like Eli became more comfortable in his own skin. If that is possible at four months of age. He is more at ease and happy. He will just take in his surroundings (where before you had to be right there with him in his face to keep him happy). He absolutely adores watching his big sister. And he TALKS! He talks and talks and talks. I think I am in some serious trouble with two talkers.

Eli is also constantly drooling. Dr. Neslon couldn't feel any teeth but they are definitely on the horizon. If he gets a hold of your hands he is putting them in your mouth to chew on. If he can't get your fingers, his fingers will do. If he gets a luvie, bib, blanket... in the mouth it goes. And he is becoming more coordinated with grasping toys and will shove them in his mouth too.

He still loves his mommy best. I tell you what- If you need to feel loved, have a son! All I have to do is even some what glance in his direction and he is all smiles. It is great but I must admit I am relieved he is finally letting Angel do some of the loving now too.

We have started cereal this week. We are only on day three and the boy cries when its all gone. He loves it!! I am so excited to start all the veggies and fruits. This was such a fun and entertaining stage of Adaline's. Speaking of, she has excused herself from all cereal feedings. She has apparently grown a sensitive stomach when watching people eat certain foods. (She seriously almost threw up watching Henry eat yogurt at the beach.) She took one glance at Eli on night one of cereal and basically said peace out, call me when its over. And even three days later she is still up and outta there when I pull the cereal box out. Hopefully its just a phase...

Elijah Mark's stats
Weight: 15.12lbs; 38.35% (Gained almost 2.5lbs since 2 months old but surprisingly dropped from the 60% to the 38%)
Height: 26 inches; 80% (Grew 2.25 inches in two months; also dropped from 85% to 80%)




Who choked me with that spoon?! Oh wait... I did.

Tripoding!!


More tripoding!!! He loves to be sitting up!

Eli turned four months old our first full day at Edisto... seems fitting he also experienced his first Edisto sunrise to celebrate.

Nom, nom, nom..




Eli could stare at himself all day in the mirror... not sure if I should be worried or not.


I mean... be still my heart!

1 comment:

  1. Eli and Beau were the same height at 4 months! Yea, sure, Beau had 3 pounds on him. But still.

    ReplyDelete