Adaline is one month old today!! We will be attempting to take a monthly picture of her as a means to capture her growth and see how much she changes each month. Here are our efforts at the one month photos... its hard to get a newborn to pose (and cooperate) with you! :) Her baby doll will be our "ruler" to measure her growth. I know before long she will be hugging on her and smiling on command.
Its all bittersweet!
| Sound asleep... |
| Not having it... |
| I promise we didn't stuff her cheeks for this shot.... |
UPDATE: One month check up
We had Adaline's one month check up and everything is looking good! We are to start tummy time (she actually appears to like this) and Vitamin D drops since she is strictly breast milk fed. She got one shot and cried actual tears (which of course meant I teared up!)
Here are her measurements:
Head: 14.96 inches; 93.16 Percentile
Length: 22 inches; 89.98 Percentile
Weight: 10.69 lbs; 84.17 Percentile
She is a big girl! Very healthy!! She has grown two inches and gained over two pounds since birth. I had to pack up some of her newborn outfits becuase she has outgrown them. She is now wearing 0-3 months and some 3 month outfits and size 1 diapers.
Adaline is now able to see a couple feet in front of her and we can really notice her focusing in on objects now. And she smiles!! Its not just when she has gas either. Several times now I will get close to her face and start talking and smiling at her and she smiles back! I love it!!!! Her vocal noises have begun to change too. Its sounds like she is now intentionally "talking" at times instead of just the grunts and gurgles she regularly makes.
I love the double chin in the last picture! Can't wait to get to hold her again soon!
ReplyDelete