Thursday, January 19, 2012

Two Months Old!!

I am a little late on this post but last week we had Adaline's two month check up!! She had to get two shots and one oral immunization. The next couple of days were rough as she was cranky and didn't sleep well but that is to be expected! Dr. Nelson said Adaline looks great and is hitting all of the right benchmarks for a two month old. She is now wearing a size 2 diaper and size 3 months in clothing. Some of her 3 month outfits will not fit much longer, they are getting tight in the length, so I have started washing her 3-6 and 6 month old outfits. I cannot believe how fast she is growing!!

Hopefully I do not jinx myself but she is pretty much sleeping through the night now. She goes down between 7pm and 9pm and will sleep until 6am. She will cry out a handful of times throughout the night when she realizes she has spit her pacifier out but as soon as she gets it back in she is back asleep! I hope to eventually ween her of that habit. I am so grateful she is sleeping so well, especially since I go back to work in two weeks. :( I am still adjusting to this!

Adaline's personality continues to grow. My favorite part of the day is going to get her out of her crib when she first wakes up. She gets so excited to see you and starts "dancing" and talking. Through out the day she will really get to "talking" and smiling. She has started to stick her tongue out when she smiles. Her hair is coming in blonde and it still has a personality all its own! She has begun sucking on her hands again...she came out of the womb doing this and has picked the habit back up. We also notice she has a lot more control over her arm movements. The jerking motions are no longer there and now its more controlled. She will often hold her hands together in front of her. She continues to strengthen her neck movements (eg: tummy time picture below!) and enjoys sitting up, with assistance, in your lap. She really likes to watch tv although I am hoping its only because of the lights and noises. I have to turn it off when I want her undivided attention. She is a true joy and we continue to thank God for blessing us with such a doll baby.

Here are some pictures of our Sweet Adaline and her stats from her check up.

Legnth: 23inches; 78th Percentile (Grew 1 inch from her 1 month check up)
Head: 15.63 inches; 91 Percentile (Grew not quite an inch)
Weight: 12 lbs and 11 ounces; 84th Percentile (Gained 2lbs from her 1 month check up)


Loves sleeping with her arms above her head!


I am going to miss this when I go back to work!!!

Still has the cheeks!!!


Testing out her bumbo....she likes it in small increments.


"Mom I am not so sure about my hat..."

Watching TV!!



Strong baby!

3 comments:

  1. She is so cute....
    GAP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she looks like me...just saying. :) But I do see a little of Henry in her in some of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite pic is the one with her in the hoodie. :) LOVE.

    ReplyDelete