Monday, September 29, 2014

Eli's Baptism

On September 13th we celebrated Eli's baptism at our local church, Immaculate Conception. The day was made extra special by being able to celebrate it with Beau and his baptism at the same time! Thomas and Catherine are Eli's God parents; Angel and I are Beau's :) Family is so important to us and it was so wonderful to have so many of our family members there with us for his big day.

 Look closely on Eli's slip and you will read "Rachael Ellyn Carlisle June 6, 1982" This is my gown and slip. Mom stiched my name and baptism date on it.

 
 
Getting the boys dressed in their baptism gowns was a surprisingly emotional moment for me that day. I couldn't help but picture mom dressing me in that exact same gown Eli was wearing, which she she had made, thirty two years earlier. She also made Beau's gown.
We are so fortunate and grateful for our family.


Eli with his God Parents, Aunt Catherine and Uncle Thomas

Eli was so good and quiet during the entire baptism... a relief after I stood bouncing a bawling Adaline through her entire baptism!!

I absolutely love this picture and am so glad mom snapped it. I love that the cousins were so intrigued at this moment and ventured as close as they possibly could to witness this glorious moment. I am even more grateful that Father Burke is a very family friendly priest and didn't mind the informal peanut gallery.

Our handsome boys!!


Cousins! Adaline (almost 3), Henry (3), Wayne (5) Luke (5)

 

 
Gammy, Papa, and Wayne

 
Immaculate Conception, Forest City NC


Mamaw, Eli's GREAT Grandmother

Mom and Beau in his beautiful gown

The Angel family
 

Proud to call this chunk my God son

 


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment