We had another great check up today. My blood pressure is great and Adaline's heart rate is excellent. I got a little 'tsk tsk' from the doctor for gaining 7 lbs since my last appointment only 3 weeks ago but she said I am still on target so overall she wasn't concerned. I knew my belly had really grown over the past month so I wasn't too shocked to see that I had gained that much but she wants me to stay on target and says I should only gain 2 lbs each month from here on....I guess that means I shouldn't have bought that ice cream while at the grocery store on Sunday.... total weight gain to date is 24 lbs. I am also measuring at 33 weeks, two weeks ahead, but again the doctor wasn't concerned and there is no need to consider changing my due date at this time. She also gave my belly some good pokes and feels confident Adaline is head down (yeah!!) Speaking of pokes- Adaline's "kicks" have progresssed to the full body movement. I can distinguish between a leg or arm verses a head or bottom. It is crazy to feel and watch. Angel, the good sport he is, didn't seem to mind me waking him up to feel these new movements the other morning. We now begin going to the doctor every two weeks. I still cannot believe we are to that point in the pregnancy! So excited!!!
Her nursery is really just about done but I want to put the final touches on it before I post official pictures. We installed her chandelier and her glider chair came in. All furniture is now in there and we think arranged to how we like it. Its only a matter of weeks now...9 to be exact until Adaline can see it for herself!
All and all I am still feeling great. I am definitly slowing down. My pelvic bone ligaments are loosing and so I get a low and deep pain when I do certain movements (putting on my pants is suprisingly the most uncomfortable!) My hip joints are also very tight/achey, especially as I walk. They feel like they do the day after I run a half marathon...only I definitly have not been doing any running!!
Here I am just shy of 31 weeks
We get to have an Ultrasound on Thursday! We are so excited to see if we can start picking out who Adaline will look like. This is not a doctor ordered ultrasound. My doctor's ultrasound technician encouraged us to contact Greenville Tech's Ultrasound Tech program because they are always in need of pregnant women to practice ultrasounds on and its free! So sign me up! I have no idea what to expect out of the appointment but even a quick glance at Adaline will be worth the time. I am hoping they can measure her and tell me her percentiles.
No comments:
Post a Comment