Tuesday, October 25, 2011

38 Week Check Up

We hit 38 weeks tomorrow...only two more weeks...14 more days...OMG! :)

We had our weekly doctor's appointment today and everything looks great! I finally had a zero pound change in my weight. Up until today I had been gaining between 2-4 lbs per weekly weigh in!! (Although I am not eating more or differently.) Angel keeps joking that Adaline is going to be 10lbs but the doctor's assure me I will not be following in Catherine's footsteps (who delivered a 10lber!) and say the continuous weight gain is water weight. My feet, ankles, and calves have been swelling. It started last month but was only in the evening after being on my feet all day. Now it starts pretty much from the moment I start walking around in the mornings. Sometimes it is uncomfortable but I am still able to wear my shoes (although by the end of the day my sausage feet are spilling over the sides!) I also just noticed today that my heels are bruising... they don't hurt so I guess it is more or less blood pooling there due to the swelling? I will point it out to the doctor at next week's appointment to see what they say. I also will be checked at next week's appointment to see if I am dilated at all. We will keep y'all posted.

I am down to working limited work hours this week and then next week I have taken off. I needed some down time/me time between running a 100 mph at work and becoming a mother. I am already bored. :)

Everything is ready for Adaline's big debut. Her clothes are washed, car seats are in, we are packed, every one's on standby...now its just up to our Adaline to decide when she is going to grace us with her presence. I would like to make it to November and prefer even making it to her due date. I just feel the closer I get to her due date the happier and healthier she will be. I realize though there is only so much in life I can control. :) Keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we wind down our pregnancy and get closer to becoming parents.

2 comments:

  1. YAY, Rachael! Thinking about you and praying for you! It will be here in the blink of an eye!!!
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess your right leg girl needs to get her bags packed too!:)

    ReplyDelete