Thursday, August 28, 2014

Big Girl Haircut

It's been1.5 years since the last time I got the courage to cut Adaline's hair... but after watching it get stringy on the ends I finally decided it was time to get it trimmed again. So I made an appointment at a local salon and let Adaline know she'd be getting her hair cut. If I would have known her excitment and reaction I would have had my camera rolling. Not that she hates her hair or anything but she loves the fact that she gets to do big girl things like go to a salon and get her hair done. Oh the excitment. We are really in trouble folks.

She literally could hardly sit still in the salon chair because she was so giddy. As the hair dresser began trimming Adaline quietly, yet very seriously asked her a question. Kathy, her hair dresser, couldn't quite hear her and asked her to repeat her question..."I said, will I look fabulous when you are all done?" OMG folks. I can't make this stuff up. She then asked if Kathy would be washing her hair (Kathy had not planned to wash her hair... there was no need to... but Kathy, like many of us, quickly caved and said yes, I will be washing your hair.) As Kathy washed her hair Adaline kept asking me, "What color is it?!" and I had to keep explaining, we aren't coloring your hair just cutting and washing it. She thought she was going to get to walk out with pink hair!! After Kathy finished washing her hair Adaline asked for eyeshadow...seriously?!?!?! No eyeshadow! But we did compromise with letting Kathy curl her hair. As we were leaving all the other hair dressers (who had quickly caught on to Adaline's requests and loved it) hooted and hollared as she left and Adaline walked out like it was a runway and even gave a twirl for them.... I have a funny feeling she will be asking me to take her back there really soon. I see the need for a mommy/daughter pedicure for her birthday in our near future!!








 
Flashback! Adaline at 13 months old getting her first trim!



1 comment:

  1. Oh I so want to be incited to the pedicure party! I would love to see her in that situation! And for goodness sakes, enroll her in dance class already just for the recital dress up! :)
    Ps. She looks like you with her hair curled.

    ReplyDelete