Thursday, August 14, 2014

Potty time!!

We are very slowly moving towards potty training. Adaline will be three in November and this is a milestone I thought she would have mastered MONTHS ago. I mean who walks at eight months, talks full sentences by 15 months yet tells me "she's too busy to tee tee on the potty, maybe tomorrow" at 2.5 years old! (And she pottied on the toilet for the first time a full year ago!!) She has occasionally had success and interest on the potty, including pooping once. Yet nothing consecutively. I have resorted to a sticker chart and a prize basket filled with some hefty prizes. If she can get two stickers in one box (meaning she potties twice in one day) she can pick out a prize. When she does this for two weeks she gets the ultimate prize...a package Yoohoo mailed her (which is currently collecting dust in my closet).

This morning I hear Adaline's pitter pattering to my side of the bed to wake me up. After a long, sleepless night with Eli I was just about to lift her into bed to watch cartoons while I sleep a little longer when she stops me and says she wants to sit on the potty. This is big!! With renewed energy I jump out of bed, scoop her up with one arm, put the princess toilet seat in place with the other and we patiently waited.....and folks we have a sticker!!!!!! I think I am more excited then she is!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment