Sunday, January 25, 2015

Picnic times even in January!

Since staying home with Adaline one of our favorite things to do is eat lunch outside. I am not sure what it is but it just breaks up the monotony somehow for both of us (and when birds and squirrels can clean up after the meal's mess verses me its a double win!) Today was a beautiful and only slightly chilly day so I asked Adaline if we should eat outside... YES mommy!! We means everyone, including billy goat Eli who will eat anything you put in front of him. I wasn't sure how he would do sitting like a big boy at the picnic table but Adaline thought it was the best idea ever. I sat Eli down and put his plate of food in front of him and he dove in.... never even phased that he was sitting in a big boy "seat" not strapped in. He never tried to climb down or anything. He just cleared his plate and then turned to his sister's plate trying to clear it as well. That's when I had to let him play off to the side with a pretzel so she could eat. (Adaline still has a "soft" stomach and gets queasy trying to eat with messy eaters like Eli so she couldn't eat while he was eating.) All and all it was a success. Part of me is excited to include Eli in one of our favorite things... another part of me is sad my baby is big enough to jump right into this.



No comments:

Post a Comment