I cannot believe we've hit the double digit months...just two more months and he will be a one year old. If I could I would pause it all now. I love this stage. It was one of my favorite stages with Adaline too. It's something about the pure innocence, excitement, and curiosity for life that they both have had. It is so much fun to just watch Eli explore and learn. He is such a happy boy and is learning he has a voice. No real words yet but he loves to make a noise like clearing your throat on repeat and waving his hands all over the place when he is trying to communicate. He waves hi and bye, claps hands and dances...the kid loves to dance!! Even if Angel is just walking through the room whistling Eli will stop what he is doing and dance. He has mastered crawling and is now very quickly perfecting standing up. He can do it way to easily and is literally growing more confident right before my eyes. We have two toys that you put a ball in the hole and it rolls out from another location. He has very quickly figured this process out and mastered it. He loves this and will do it over and over. I think he is going to be very athletic like Angel. Eli is solid muscle and strong!! Another way he and Adaline differ. No squishy-ness in Eli.
He has five teeth with six and seven cutting through the skin now. He will stick anything in his mouth so you have to keep a close eye on him. He LOVES and prefers table food and feeding himself. I'm already running out of ideas on what to feed him. He and Adaline have both apparently hit growth spurts at the same time and they are eating us out of house and home. For breakfast Eli will eat half a banana, half a piece of cinnoman raisin toast and a bowl of (baby) oatmeal! The only thing he has snubbed so far is fish and I think it's because it had lemon juice on it. He loves fruit, cheese, cauliflower, zuchinni, ham, and the baby veggie straws. So glad we have another happy eater!
He is an explorer but is also sensitive. He gets upset easily (if Adaline snatches a toy from him or if you set him down to play by himself). If you ignore it he moves on and gets over it. He still wakes up through the night. Typically around 2:30 or 3am and I have to lay him back down and find his paci for him and he goes back to sleep. He then wakes again around 6am to nurse and goes back to sleep for another two hours. He takes two naps (around 1.5-2 hours each).
This rascal is "sleeping" or supposed to be at least.
No comments:
Post a Comment